- The University Industry Linkages Session was facilitated by Javier Botero (Lead education specialist, World Bank. The session contained three presentations of international and African case studies. These presentations highlighted successes, lessons learnt and what the ACEs can do to strengthen University- Industry Linkages.
- The second session featured the thematic reports of proceedings from the various parallel sessions held on days one and two. The reports from the Agriculture, Health, and STEM teams captured discussions on Centre management, challenges, improving collaborations and securing their universities’ full support, among others.
- The third session was the wrap-up for the ACE project workshop. The facilitators of both ACE I and ACE II projects made presentations. The World Bank Team shared information on the upcoming ACE III Project – and covered the objectives/goals, selective process and timelines. The key next steps over the next 6 months were also discussed and these include Financial and Procurement Reporting Milestones; Verification and Disbursements; General implementation support and supervision; Country /regional level milestones and ACE Extension and Reallocation.
- The day ended with an official closing ceremony followed by field visits to the WACCI and WACCBIP Centers of Excellence both situated at the University of Ghana campus.
Useful Links for Downloads
- Workshop Presentations Collected: https://tinyurl.com/y8vohhdp
- News Report by the Ghana news Agency: https://tinyurl.com/yavq5c8b
- ACE article on IUCEA website: https://tinyurl.com/ya6se2ml
- All Workshop Photos: https://tinyurl.com/yb4ppmsk
- Workshop Evaluation Survey Link: http://www.research.net/r/2017-ACEI-II
Joint ACE I and ACE II meeting – 2017
Break Out Sessions
7th Workshop Presentations – 2017